1. Swear and Shake – Santa, My First Love
2. Sinclair – This Christmas
3. River Whyless – Jingle Bells
4. Powerkompany – I’m Sorry About Last Christmas
5. Over the Rhine – Blood Oranges In the Snow
6. The Oh Hellos – Every Bell on Earth Will Ring
7. Odessa – Silent Night
8. Dwayne Shivers – Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
9. James Apollo – Trim Another Tree
10. Field Report – On Christmas Eve
READ ABOUT IT AT PASTE MAGAZINE
DOWNLOAD AT NOISETRADE
Let's see. I already bought the excellent Swear and Shake single, "Santa, My First Love". If you didn't, get it here because it's excellent. Over The Rhine has a sampler of their own on Noisetrade (and I'd already bought the CD). You should have read about that one on Lie In The Sound. They also filled you in on The Oh Hellos and James Apollo, as did Christmas A-Go-Go (and we were going to mention Apollo ourselves and likely still will). Mistletunes featured Field Report recently, although, at the time, it was only a stream. And Sinclair's "This Christmas" was part of that mammoth Amazon "All Is Bright" playlist.
That leaves four that I haven't seen written about. "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus" is a devout Indie acoustic hymn from Dwayne Shivers. River Whyless pretties up "Jingle Bells" about as much as anyone can. Odessa's "Silent Night" is pretty straight forward Indie Folk/Americana. And Powerkompany's Indie Pop Rock "I'm Sorry About Last Christmas" sounds sincere enough but is full of snarky lyrics.
I'm tired, so I'm not really giving this my best effort. But, make no mistake, this is all good stuff. My highlights would be the tracks from Swear and Shake, Sinclair, James Apollo and Powerkompany, if that means anything to you.